Monday 23 December 2019

Week 2 | Day 1 | Activity 2 (Four Points) | Summer Learning Journey

LI: To add up how old Dr. Jessa Rogers was when she got her award.

For this activity we had to add up how old Dr. Jessa Rogers was when she got the NAIDOC Youth of the Year award. We had to calculate the years, months and days she was living when she got the award. At the end I got the answer: 25 years, 3 months and 3 days old. I got this by subtracting 1985 from 2010 which is 25. For the months I just added up from April until I got to July which is 3. For the days I counted up to 9 starting from 7 which is also 3 and that is how I got my answer.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Farzana!,
    I have enjoyed reading your working out. I also like how you explained your working out. I have a different answer to yours for this activity. My answer is 25 years, 3 months and 2 days. For the days, to get from 7 to 9 it equals 2. 7 + 2 = 9. Did you find this activity difficult?

    Keep It Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Farzana! Well done on working this out. I like how you explained the steps as you went along. Did you find this activity challenging? I can honestly say I did in the start just reading about what we had to do. It definitely got easier as I was actually working it out. You have some great math skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Farzana,

    I really appreciate your attempt to solve this mathematical-like equation!

    Here are some of my workings -
    2010 - 1985= ....years
    9th April → 9th July = ....months
    The difference between 7th and 9th = ....days
    The answer is 25 years, 3 months and 2 days

    I can see that you are almost finished the programme, keep at it! You are doing amazingly well :)

    Ngā mihi
    Mani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Farzana,
    I liked how you explained the process of getting your answer with lots of detail. I also liked how you explained who Dr. Jessica Rogers is, and why you needed to calculate her age. Did you find this easy or hard to do?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.