Wednesday 1 January 2020

Week 3 | Day 2 | Activity 2: Overcoming Adversity (Four Points) | Summer Learning Journey

A time when I had overcame a challenge: A big challenge that I have overcame was the time my dad had left for Indonesia for many months. My dad means a lot to me considering the fact that my dad has done many things for me and my siblings. When my dad left I was very upset because I wouldn't see the person who I love sincerely for many months. During those months I felt very sorrow. My dad eventually came back and I felt a rush of joy down my spine.

For this activity we were asked to write a recount of a time were we had overcome a challenge or someone we are familiar with had overcome a challenge. This activity was inspired by Stephen Hawking. Stephen Hawking was an English scientist who was interested in the origin (start/beginning) of the universe. He was diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease (MND). MND is the name of a group which causes death of the neurons (nerve cells). The neurons control the muscels that allow us to move, speak, swallow and breathe. Without any nerves to start them, the muscels weaken.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Farzana! This is a lovely story, and very enlightening to hear you were able to overcome that adversity. I appreciate the effort put into this activity, including the blurb. Although Stephen Hawing suffered with MND or ASL, he outlived the disease for more than 50 years! And it didn't stop him from doing big things with his live, which is a big inspiration when it comes to overcoming adversity. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buenas Noches Farzana,

    Kueni here again, how are you enjoying your summer holiday? I hope you have been having an awesome time and getting as much rest as you can before heading back to school in a few weeks.

    Thank you for sharing a story about when you experienced a challenge and overcame it. I really enjoyed reading about how you felt when you dad travelled to Indonesia for a few months to live.

    I can only imagine what it would feel like to have a parent away for such a long period of time, what were some of the things you and your siblings did to pass the time while your dad was away? I bet it would’ve been the best day ever when he eventually came home.

    Adiós,
    Kueni :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Farzana,
    I liked how you explained what you needed to do for this activity in great detail, and talked about what Motor Neuron Disease or MND is and what it does. Do you know anyone with the disease?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.