Wednesday 8 January 2020

Week 4 | Day 3 | Activity 1: Talk Show Host (Four Points) | Summer Learning Journey


For this activity we were asked to talk about our plans in the future. We could talk about our dream jobs, if we want to continue studying or get a job right away after college and ect. I would like to get a job after I complete university. My dream job is to become a General Practitioner doctor. My dad also wanted me to become a doctor. I asked my dad which doctor he wanted me to be but he just said "Any docter, as long as you are any type of doctor". This activity was inspired by Oprah Winfrey. Oprah Winfrey was the host of 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' that ran for 25 years! Oprah worked very hard for a successful career and she got it! She also started a school in South Africa called 'The Oprah Winfrey Leadership School for Girls'. 

4 comments:

  1. Afternoon Farzana! How are you doing today? Olive and the Auckland wind again! The palm trees outside my window are swaying around like crazy! Did you get up to anything exciting today?

    I think it’s great how ambitious you are! I’m sure you’ll make yourself and your family proud no matter what you do. One of my friends is studying medicine at Auckland and she’s finding it challenging but very enjoyable. University is very fun as you meet lots of awesome people and learn some amazing things. Right now I’m in my second year at Auckland University, studying to be a teacher, then an educational psychologist and my part-time job is working in a retirement village! Ka pai on all your effort and I can’t wait to see what else you come up with!

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Ngā mihi,
    Olive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Farzana! This is a fantastic poster, and an interesting plan for the future. A general practitioner sounds like a great job, especially looking at how much they earn. I'd love to know what standard you'd need to meet to be able to actually qualify...What would you study? Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Farzana!,
    What a great poster you have created about your dream job. You will definitely become a general practitioner, by working hard. My dream job is to become an orthodontist. I wonder what subjects you would have to take in college and university, to become a general practitioner.

    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Farzana,
    I found it interesting that you want to become a General Practitioner (GP), would you want to start off as a General Practitioner and move up to becoming a surgeon?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.