Monday 6 January 2020

Week 4 | Day 1 | Activity 2: Romeo & Juliet (Four Points) | Summer Learning Journey

Shakespearean: This m'rning i did wake up 'round 10:18.  I wenteth to the bathroom to brusheth mine own teeth.  I then wenteth on mine own device until 'round 10:30.  I consumed breakfast, f'r mine own breakfast i hath chosen to consume c'real.  Aft'r the c'real i madeth mine own sleep chamber and hath continued with mine own day.

English: This morning I woke up around 10:18. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I then went on my device until around 10:30. I ate breakfast, for my breakfast I chose to eat cereal. After the cereal I made my bed and continued with my day. 

For this activity we were asked to write, in English about what we did this morning. After we wrote what we did in English we used a Shakespearean translator to make it into the Shakespear language. This activity was inspired by William Shakespear, an author who wrote well-known books such as: Romeo & Juliet, King Lear, Hamlet, Athello and many more. William Shakespear also wrote plays. I enjoyed this activity.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Farzana! How are you doing? Olive here - I'm a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey. What did you get up to today?

    Thank you for such a funny blog post! I laughed so much. Shakespearean language was so old-fashioned and humorous. Do you think you could talk like that normally? I think it would be quite difficult to have a conversation if everyone kept dropping letters and saying "mine and hath" all the time! Too confusing! Ka pai on all your effort on this post, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Ngā mihi,
    Olive


    ReplyDelete
  2. So Farzana, what are your thoughts on the Shakespearean language after taking a look at it for yourself? I think it's really interesting, yet strange because we're actually just looking at the English language but twisted. I really enjoyed reading both of your paragraphs, from English to Shakespeare. Can you see a huge difference? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Farzana,
    I liked how you described what you did, when you did it and what you ate with lots of detail. I also liked how you said that you enjoyed this activity. Would you want to live in the Shakespearean age?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.