Thursday 2 January 2020

Week 3 | Day 3 | Activity 3: Need for Speed (Six Points) | Summer Learning Journey


For this activity we were asked to make a car. I made this car that is called: Speedy. I called it speedy because it goes 303 miles per hour which is the second fastest car in the world. This activity was inspired by: Bill Hamilton and John Britten. These two men are both inventors. One of Bill's first inventions was tow rope to pull up then skiers on the ski field. However, his most famous invention was the expantion of the modern jet boat engine. John Britten liked to rebuild vehicles. John had launched the Britten Motorcylce Company from his garage in Christchurn, New Zealand. The bike V1000 that John created won many international races it set a word record for going 304 km per hour. I enjoyed this activity.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Farzana,
    I love the work that you have done this activity. I think that you have a great explanation of the what you were doing. But I think that you need to have labels of what part of the car you want to have.

    Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Farzana! Your vehicle design looks amazing, and I love the features! The wings make the car really futuristic, or something used in fairy-tales. And it's outstanding what Bill Hamilton and John Britten invented, inspiring this activity to be all about vehicles - Are you into vehicles? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Farzana!,
    Wow! What an awesome fast vehicle you have drawn. You have a great description about your fast car. It's amazing how your car can go up to 303 MPH. You have definitely put a lot of effort into your drawing and description of your fast car.

    Awesome Work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afternoon Farzana! It’s Olive and the grey skies! How are you doing?

    Thank you for your blog post! I absolutely love your car design! Your drawing is super awesome! I especially like the different shades of yellow, and the wings!! What a super cool flying car!Ka pai on your effort and creativity!

    If I had a super-speedy vehicle, it would probably be a more modernised version of a Vespa Scooter. I love classical old bikes! My bike would be bright sunflower yellow and it’s special feature would allow my bike to create a protective waterproof bubble over me! A waterproof bike would be excellent when riding in the rain, or when travelling in the ocean!

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Ngā mihi,
    Olive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Farzana,
    I liked how you named your vehicle Speedy because it goes up to 303 miles per hour, that's pretty fast. I also liked how you added wings to the roof of the car. How strong is the car?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salaam Alaikum Farzana,
    What a cool car! The way the door opens upwards reminds me of the DeLorean time machine in the Back to the Future movies. I loved them when I was a kid back in the 1980s. I wonder if you've seen them and if they inspired your creation in any way?
    I'm also impressed by how much you know about the inventions of Bill Hamilton and John Britten, two very interesting New Zealanders. Maybe you'll be an inventor one day too!
    Ka mau te wehi! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.