Friday 10 January 2020

Week 4 | Day 5 | Activity 1: The World of Hip Hop (Four Points) | Summer Learning Journey

The Royal Family Dance Crew Review: I think that the dance was really good! The best part in my opinion was how the dance crew was on the beat of the music. The whole dance had very good choreography which is really good! All of the crew was working together and they were super synced together. I think that the crew didn't have any flaws or mistakes which again, is very good. The neon pink costumes were very bright which I think, they used to get the audience looking at them since it was dark. I personally think that they did deserve the Mega Crew 1st place award for 2019.  I don't have any feedback. The dance was performed well! You can watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=248&v=-mKzJIW9w2c

For this activity we were reviewing The Royal Family Dance Crew performance. We watched a video of The Royal Family Dance Crew award winning performance. After watching the video we had to write our own review. In the review we were asked to include: What we liked about the performance, what the dance crew did well and what they could work on. This activity was based on Parris Goebel, the choreographer of The Royal Family Dance Crew. Parris Goebel was a very good dancer from New Zealand. Parris was born in Manurewa, South Auckland, New Zealand. She was liked dancing a lot when she was younger and she started hip hop by the time she was 10 y/o. When Parris Goebel was 15 she was so good at dancing she started her own dance group of all girls called 'ReQuest'. ReQuest won many first places at the World Hip-Hop Champions. Parris Goebel worked as a choreographer for famous musicians such as: Justin Bieber, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna & Janet Jackson.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Farzana!,
    Wow! What a great review about the Royal Family performance. It's great that you have been participating the in the 2019-2020 Summer Learning Journey program. It looks like you have put a lot of effort into these activities. I also think that the Royal Family performance was really good. If you had the chance, would you join the Royal Family crew?

    Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sakina!
      Thank you for commenting on me! I did put a lot of effort into these blog posts and activities! I am sure you did too! I wouldn't join The Royal Family Dance Crew, not because I don't like them, because I don't like to dance in front of many people. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Greeting Farzana!
    Wow! you have completed the summer learning journey 2019-2020. I have enjoyed reading your blogpost (Blurb). You have worked very hard on all of your activities! did you enjoy doing the summer learning journey?

    If so, Nice work and can't wait to see your work next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlize!
      Thank you for commenting on me! It is great to hear from you! I hope you have had an amazing holiday! I certainly did enjoy the summer learning journey, it was a great way to help keep me entertained and learn more about people during the holidays! I also can't wait to see your work! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Hi Farzana! This is a really well written, and detailed review about the Royal Family. I agree with you, and think almost every performance of their's is outstanding. The outfits definitely popped, and complimented the exaggerate movement. The dancing followed the beat of the music, and the crowd loved it. A perfect reflection of hard work, don't you think? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Victoria!
      Thank you for the positive feedback! I hope your holidays went very well! Your blog posts were very well written as well! The Royal Dance Family really represents New Zealand well! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Kia ora Farzana,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    Thanks for sharing your opinion on The Royal Dance Crew. You did a great review. I really like their choreography and music as well! Would you change their costumes if you could? If so, what would you change it too? :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Farzana!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Farzana,
    I liked how you said that the dancers were really good, and that their choreography was well coordinated. I also liked how you said that the they deserved the first place award. Would you want to join a dancing group?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Farzana,
    You did a great job at writing your blog post. I agree with your opinion. Also I like how you said that they deserve to come first. What did you find hard about this activity? Would you join a dance group?

    Amazing job!

    -Te Raumati

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.