Wednesday 1 January 2020

Week 3 | Day 2 | Activity 3: Hidden Figures (Six Points) | Summer Learning Journey


For this activity we played a coding game called 'Artists'. This activity was inspired by two women who are named: Ada Lovelace who was concidered to be the first computer programmer, and Katherine Johnson who was a mathematician that worked for NASA (North, America, Space, Association). I think the game was overall very cool. You can connect the 'move forward/backward by 100(ect) pixels' and the 'turn right/left by 90(ect) degrees' boxes. The levels get harder and harder as they go. I think this coding game is good because it teaches you your angles. I think th good part of it is that when you change the degrees it shows you what it looks like.

4 comments:

  1. Hi again Farzana! This game was pretty interesting, but I have mixed opinions on it. I think it's a great way to practice coding or angles for kids our age, but it did get a little frustrating at sometimes. What was the highest level you got up to? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Farzana,


    Ka pai on competing today's activity. I can tell you had a lot of fun playing on the coding website, I found it very hard and you made it a lot further than me.

    Thank you for sharing what you think about the website, I am really happy that you enjoyed playing around the website. I like that you have shared a lot about what the website was like for you, it will be good for your readers who are maybe thinking about going on code.org too.

    What was the hardest part about this website?

    Have a great day!
    Kueni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Farzana!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Farzana,
    I liked how you explained how the website works, what you liked about it and provided a picture of what it looks like. How many levels of the website did you complete?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.