Thursday 9 January 2020

Week 4 | Day 4 | Activity 2: Try Your Own Tapa (Four Points) | Summer Learning Journey


This is the tapa I created. My tapa has my background. The four stars in the middle of the tapa represent the New Zealand flag and where I live currently. The two coloured rectangles are the Afghan flag. The sign beside the stars are my astrology sign; Cancer the Crab. The arabic writing says 'Allah' which translates to: 'God'. On the corners from the left hand side on the top and on the right hand side on the bottom is a silhouette of Afghanistan where I am from.

For this activity we were asked to make our own tapa art. We had to explain what they represent. This activity was inspired by Fatu Feu'u. Fatu Feu'u is a Samoan artist that lives in NZ. Fatu creates sculptures, painting, pottery, prints and glass work. What Fatu is commonly known for is painting. Fatu is influenced by tapa art and more artistic things.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Farzana!,
    What a great tapa you have designed. I have enjoyed reading about what each design represents of your tapa. You have probably put a lot of effort into the tapa you have created. If you had the chance, would actually have the tapa you have created in real life?

    Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tēnā koe i tēnei ahiahi Farzana,

    What a fantastic tapa. I really love the design you have created. The colours and the symbolism you chose look fantastic! Have you ever made a physical tapa before? Would you be interested in trying it out?

    I really like Fatu Feu'u work. What is your favourite work of his? :)

    Blog ya later!

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Farzana!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Farzana,
    I liked how you explained why you chose each part of your tapa cloth with lots of detail. I also liked how you added things that mean a lot to you. Did you find this easy or hard to complete?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Farzana! You're tapa looks really interesting...I like how they mostly include symbols, each representing something about YOU. Your culture and religion is a beautiful thing, I loved that most out of everything you include in your design. Did you like creating your own tapa design? Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.