Friday 10 January 2020

Week 4 | Day 5 | Activity 2: En Pointe (Four Points) | Summer Learning Journey

I think that this quote means always learn from your mistakes (past), get something accomplished in the present (present) and don't make that mistake again in the future (future). I also think that it means try and adapt from that mistake.

For this activity we were asked to pick one inspirational quote out of 25 quotes. I picked the quote above that is from Albert Einstein. We had to write about what we think the quote means to us. This activity was inspired by Misty Copeland. Misty Copeland is a successful ballerina that started at the age of 13. By the time Misty was 14 she had won national competition for ballet dancers. Misty was working hard and in 2015 she became the first African American lead dancer of the American Ballet Theatre. This was a good accomplishment because there were very few African American ballet dancers. Misty said that she would like it if people were able to "see dreams through me" which was an example of an inspirational quote.

6 comments:

  1. Morena Farzana! This is a great understanding of this quote - and a good pick from Albert Einstein. Personally I chose this quote because it really does represent the simple purpose of our past, present, and future. He was a very wise and intelligent man, and had some other great quotes too. Do you think he would've known that he would still be an icon 100 years later? Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Victoria!
      Thank you for commenting on my activities throughout the summer learning journey programme, it really helps me make my blog posts better by taking your advice! I think that Albert Einstein would've known that he would be an icon, I mean he was a spectacular theoretical physicist! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Salam Farzana!,
    You have chosen a great quote from Albert Einstein. I have enjoyed reading your understanding of this great quote. Albert Einstein had motivational and inspirational quotes, that people still use now. Do you look up to Albert Einstein?

    Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Alaikum Sakina!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog posts and giving me feedback on my work! I certainly do look up to Albert Einstein! I agree, Albert had and still does have motivational and inspirational quotes! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Farzana

    CONGRATULATIONS for finishing this years' SLJ programme, "Changemakers: People who have changed the world" - I hope that you're incredibly proud of yourself, because the whole SLJ team are completely proud of you!

    Thanks for this inspirational quote from the one and only Albert Einstein; this quote reminds me to remain present in the moment - I think that all too often I'm thinking of the future and all of the things that I need to do, instead of appreciating the moment that I'm living in.
    How would you say that you remain present?

    Congratulations again, Farzana and don't forget to keep commenting and leaving responses to other learners' SLJ related blog posts to increase your chance of winning an awesome prize!

    Ngā mihi nui
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Farzana,
    I found it interesting that you think the quote "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow" means to learn from your mistakes and adapt to new things. Albert Einstein was a very smart man, he was also a scientist. Would you want to be a scientist one day?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.