Wednesday 16 December 2020

What are you doing today? | Summer Learning Journey | Day 3 Activity 2

The focus for this activity was based around arranging some Maori words together to make a sentence.

First, we listened to an audio where a man asks a question in Maori. This first step can improve people's skill level in listening. 

After listening to this, we put our listening skills into action and arrange the words that are jumbled up in the correct order for it to make sense. 

The question asked "What are you doing today?" and our answer was "I am going to ...". I was able to learn how to ask "what are you doing today?" in Te Reo Maori.

I found this task very enjoyable because I learnt new things and this activity was interactive. One thing I would like to improve on is my pronunciation of the Maori words. 

LI: to arrange Maori sentences properly.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Farzana, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Thank you for sharing your “What are you doing today” activity! Well done for working hard on your slides and for practicing your te reo! I really like that you went into so much detail about how you created the slides, and what the task teaches you!

    Looking back at the create section on the activity, it includes another component under create - to draw a picture of you and your whānau doing the activity you chose in slide five. It would be awesome if you could complete this part too, so I can give you some points!

    Here is an example of a cool drawing that Kayla has done: check out slide seven to have a look.

    I’ll check back later to see how you’re getting on - I can’t wait to see your drawing!

    Ngā mihi,
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.