Wednesday 16 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Fishing False Teeth | Day 2 Activity 1

The main focus for this activity was to create a comic strip using your ideas and creative mind.

First, I read an article about the story. The story talked about a man dropping his teeth into the water and then another man finding a different pair, and giving the teeth to the man. This went around the place. Later on, a taxi driver revealed that the teeth in fact, were not the old man's teeth. They were actually the wife's teeth. 

After this, I watched a short film about a man that lost his fake teeth on a fishing trip. After watching the short film, I needed to create a comic strip based on the film. I thought about the different events in the film and based the comic strip off of that. 

I enjoyed creating a comic strip because I used my imagination and creativity to think of some ideas to write. 

LI: to create a comic strip.

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Farzana,

    My name is Shannon, and I’m from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Haha, I love your comic! It’s very funny! I often go out fishing with my dad and he always says ‘patience is key’. It definitely is but sometimes it’s super hard to be patient! You’ve done a fantastic job, and I like how you’ve matched the captions to the faces of the characters!

    Because you’ve written such a great comic strip, I was wondering, if you could write a comic on absolutely anything, what would you write about? I think I’d write about space adventures and rocket ships, not fishy teeth, though it is pretty funny.

    Perhaps you could increase the size of your text so it’s easier for your readers to see.

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo E Lelei Shannon!

      Thank you for the very helpful feedback! I will make sure to make those changes. I would definitely like write about sports because I enjoy sports a lot. It is great to see that you can make a connection to my comic strip! What else would you like to create a comic strip about and why?

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Farzana,

      What sort of sports would you write about? Is it your favourite?

      I might write an adventure story where the protagonist has to solve a bunch of quests for a special crown or something! What else might you write about?

      Bye for now,
      Shannon (SLJ)

      Delete
  2. Talofa lava Farzana,
    Wow! I really liked reading your blog post today! I liked the way you have written your story in your own words. After reading your comic, I can imagine the story in more detail. I liked the fact that you have added a well explained blurb as it helps the reader understand the topic more clearly. I found this activity interesting as I got the chance to portray the story in my words. What did you find hard or tricky in this task?
    Keep up the great work!
    -Sakshi

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.