Friday 11 December 2020

Step It Up | Summer Learning Journey

The Great Wave off Kanagawa is a piece of art that shows waves and boats created by Hokusai.

The elements of art are: shape, lines and texture. I have identified that the boats are made from a long crescent shape. The lines of the wave make it look more detailed and defined.

The curves on the foam at the crest are very clear and have a lot of detail. The lines are clear with the first one due to the colouring.

I decided to recolour the wave more darker because, in my point of view I think that the ocean is more darker as it goes deeper. The boats are also darker so that people can see it better.

I enjoyed this activity and learnt more about the art.

LI: to experiment with colours.
Original Art:                                  Edited Version:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.