Friday 18 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Haiku Poem | Day 5 Activity 2

The focus for this task was based around looking to create a haiku poem about the summer.

First, I watched a tutorial about how to create a haiku poem. In this video, it explained that a haiku poem is a poem that has five syllables on the first line, seven on the second line and five again on the last line.

After watching this, I read an article about how to write a haiku. This also explained the amount of syllables and even gave examples of them.

Next, I needed to create my own haiku. I remembered to use only five syllables, seven syllables and then five syllables again. My poem was about the summer and how poeple go out to have fun during summer.

I enjoyed this challenge very much because I enjoy writing poems and have had experience writing haiku poems. I think that if there were more syllables alowed, I would most likely change my poem.

LI: to write a haiku poem.


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Farzana, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Thank you for sharing your awesome haiku!

    I really like that you’ve shared your creative process in completing this activity, like your careful choice of syllables and the inspiration for the topic. I always find writing a haiku challenging because of the limited amount of syllables too, especially when there is so much I want to say! I like that it challenges people to be concise and make an impact with such a small amount of words.

    Your poem definitely reminds me of summer, especially with the breaking waves in the background! It made me smile, especially with the line “be prepared for joy.” This is such a thoughtful and powerful way to end your haiku! What kind of things are you excited to do this summer that will prepare you for joy?

    Keep up the great work Farzana, and I hope you have a very joyous summer!

    Ngā mihi,
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Farzana!

    Interesting poem you have written. I think it is really creative and I like the syllables that you have used. Was it hard to think of syllables and why?

    Tino Pai!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.