Wednesday 16 December 2020

Insect Art | Summer Learning Journey | Day 2 Activity 2

Today's activity was based on creating an insect by using materials we found outside. 

First, we collected leaves, twigs, and more from outside. After this, we created an insect or a summer scene using the materials collected.

Next, we took a photo of the insect. My insect is called 'Luck' because it looks like a four leaf clover. I used a twig and four leaves to create the insect. Can you guess what the insect I created was?

I enjoyed this activity because it required me to be resourceful. I think that next time I can create an insect that is more detailed and complex.

LI: to create an insect using materials from outside.



3 comments:

  1. Hey Farzana,

    I’m Daniel from the SLJ Blog commenting team. I’m looking forward to seeing all your amazing blog posts and I hope you’re enjoying your summer.

    Lots of students have said how they enjoyed getting out and exploring for resources for this activity and it’s great to hear everyones getting out into their backyard a bit.

    I’m glad you enjoyed the task and it’s great to see the detail in your explanation. I think your insect design is a butterfly and I like the alternating colours in the wings.

    Great stuff Farzana,
    See you later in the comments.

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Daniel,

      I appreciate you commenting on my blogpost! The insect was a butterfly! I agree with the students who think that it was great to get outside to explore for resources. What insect would you create if you were to do this activity?

      Thank you Daniel

      Delete
  2. Hey Farzana,

    I think I would make a bee because there are a lot of yellow, fluffy dandelions growing on the lawnn at my house so I'd have lots of the colours and texture I'd need.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.