Monday 14 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Scavenger Hunt

The first Nanogirl task required us to scavenger for different types of materials.

In our groups, we worked together to look for different items around the classroom. Our group managed to find 6/7 items. The item we did not manage to find was a mixing tool. The things we could have used were popsicle sticks and spoons.

By watching the video Nanogirl has provided us, I found out that an alternative for a roll was paper or cardboard rolled up. There are also many other materials people can use as an alternative.

I enjoyed looking for the different items.

LI: to search for some required items.



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Farzana,

    It looks like you and your group have done a fantastic job collecting all the materials for the scavenger hunt. I like how clearly you have listed everything in your video as well as how you all took turns showing them to the camera. Ka pai!

    What sort of experiments do you think you’ll be using your equipment for? What other things around the classroom and home do you think you could use to build science experiments?

    Good job on starting the Summer Learning Journey, I look forward to seeing all your future blog posts! What activities are you most excited for?

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Shannon!

    Thank you for the positive feedback! I think that this task was very fun! I think that we will be using these materials and resources to create something and for science experiments. I think that using things at home like utilities and some other materials would be suitable for a science experiment. I am very excited for the activities using these materials we have gathered! Would you also take part in this activity if allowed? Why or why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Farzana,

      I definitely would, I love science experiments. When I was little, I used to build a heap of them with my dad! We constructed things like marble runs, and slime, and played with dry ice too. It was awesome. What sorts of science experiments have you done?

      Have a great day!
      Shannon (SLJ)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.