Wednesday 18 November 2020

Narrative | Storyboard

Storyboards are images that show the character movements, the camera angles and the story setting. 

The image should have enough detail so that someone can find out where the setting is without someone else telling them. People show the emotions on the face and draw in different camera angles to make it more interesting.

A storyboard has the scene number on the side of the image. People usually have a short sentence to give more detail if the picture isn't clear enough. Having no description is best. If someone understands where the setting is without someone else telling them, they have most likely done a good job drawing the storyboard.

In storyboards, there are no words in the image. The main idea for a storyboard is to show the setting, the characters, and the angles of the story. 

It is helpful to understand what a storyboard is and how to write a storyboard because it can help to give the actors a good visual reference. Storyboarding can also help to visualize the enviroment and people's surroundings.

LI: To create a storyboard from a narrative.


4 comments:

  1. Hello Farzana,
    I enjoyed reading your informative blog post about what storyboards are and how to write one. I found your storyboard very detailed and the topic you choose for your storyboard is interesting. I have also done this activity. What changes could you make to your storyboard in order to make it more detailed or interesting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bella,
      Thank you for the feedback. I think that I could make my storyboard more interesting by adding more camera angles and have the backgrounds more detailed. How did you make your storyboard?

      Delete
    2. Hello Farzana,
      Thank you for taking the time to reply. I gave my storyboard lots of detail and illustrated the main idea of the scene. I gave my storyboard different camera angles as well to make it more interesting and gave a detailed description. What is a different topic that you could do for your storyboard?

      Delete
    3. Hello Bella,
      Thank you for answering my question. A different topic I would like to do my storyboard on is a student tripping over on the stage in front of the whole school on the way to get their certificate. Thank you for your time, I liked hearing about your storyboard. I enjoyed comment threading with you.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.