Friday 18 September 2020

Kiwi Sport | Cricket

Yesterday, the girls from LS1 had a cricket session with coach Nick and Sam from Auckland University Cricket Club. We were learning the basic cricket skills.

First, we got a tennis ball and tried to clap as many times as we could and then catch the ball. The highest I reached was eight claps. We attempted the same thing but with one leg only. The most claps I got was four. We did as many star jumps as we could while the ball was in the air. I only got one star jump.

Next, we got into partners and passed the ball to our partners without dropping the ball. My partner and I got 65 passes. Then we passed the ball to our partners with one hand only. We got 47 passes with one hand.

The last challenge was to hit the ball off the 'T' as hard as we could and get as many runs as we could. There was a feilding team and a batting team. The team I was in won with 24 points.

I found this session very tiring. I also think that when we threw the ball into the air and tried to get as many star jumps as we could was very challenging.

LI: To learn new and basic cricket skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.