Tuesday 2 June 2020

Weight | Measurement

Weight is how heavy an object or item is. The standard forms of measuring weight are tonnes (T), kilograms (kg) and grams (g). To measure these things, people often use scales or balance scale.

Estimating is an educated guess to the amount of something. If a person knows that the weight of a stick is 3 markers, then they can compare the markers on a scale. If they know the weight of the markers then they can make an estimation.

To convert kilograms to tonnes, divide the number by one thousand. To convert grams to kilograms divide by one thousand. If the measurement is 18 kg, then divide by one thousand the numbers shift to right.

LI: To explore standard forms of weight.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Farzana,

    I enjoyed reading your blogpost. I liked how you explained how to convert the different units. Why is it important to know how to measure weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kruse,

    Thank you! I think that it is important to learn how to measure the weight of an object, because if you want to have a job, like an engineer. You need to be able to measure the weight of something to know whether it is too heavy or not. How often do you measure the weight of something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Farzana,
    Thank you for the feedback. I agree with your opinion. I don’t really measure weight, but when I go to the doctors I measure my weight. Do you like measuring the weight of something and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kruse,
      I don’t often measure weight either. When I do get the chance to, I enjoy it. I enjoy measuring the weight of an object because it can teach me new things. This has been a great conversation, and I enjoyed learning about your opinions. Thank you.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.