Tuesday 23 June 2020

QAR Task

I identified the different question types. The questions are: right there, think and search, author and me, and on my own. I answered the right there, think and search and author and me questions by skimming and scanning the book for hints and statements. I answered the on my own question by using my prior knowledge to come up with an answer.

I put the 'What is the drinking water company's name?' question under the right there slide. I looked at pages 1-2 because I thought the answer would be in the beginning of the book and I got the question correct.

I put the 'What does the water tank code do?' in the think and search slide. I looked in pages 2-3 because if the name company was in the beginning of the book then I could read a little bit further into the book. The answer was correct.

I put the 'Why doesn't Ryder's family have as much water as the Carter family?' in the author and me slide. I looked in page 2 because there were hints of how Ryder's sister's school clothes weren't washed. The answer was correct.

I put the 'What do you think happened to Ryder?' in the on my own slide. I did this because there were no hints in the book about what happened to Ryder.

I thought that this task was easy because I have already learnt about the different questions.

LI: To identify the question types.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.