Thursday 15 November 2018

Kiwi Sport | Boxing

Today LS1 group A went to the hall to take part of boxing session with Pax. We had to pick a teammate. My partner was Charlize. We then played rock, paper, scissors to see who went first. I won so I got to go first with the punching. We did combos.

First we did the: Jab, jab, cross. For the jab's we had to punch with our left hand forwards and for the cross we had to punch with our right hand forward. We then did the combo: Jab, cross, left hook, cross. It was like a pattern left hand, right hand, left hand, right hand. For the left hook we had to twist in our rock position and punch sideways with our left hand and come back in our rock position. We then did the combo: Jab, cross, left hook, right hook, left upper cut, and right upper cut. It was like another pattern: Left hand, right hand, left hand, right hand, left hand, right hand. We had pool noodles to hit with the boxing gloves. We also had to move the pool noodles for the punches. Then we did all of that again for our other partner. We then had to go back to class.

I enjoyed the session with Pax because I learnt new combos and I was pretty good at them. So was my partner Charlize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.