Wednesday 4 August 2021

Greetings in Te Reo Maori

LI: to create a display poster that shows people the difference between tena koe, tena korua and tena koutou.

Our focus for the Te Reo Maori challenge this week was to talk about the difference between tena koe, tena korua and tena koutou when greeting people. Tena koe is a way of greeting one person alone. For example, when I meet one of my friends I say "Tena koe, kei te pehea koe?". By adding "kei te pehea koe?" to the greeting, you ask how your friend is. 

Tena korua is a greeting to two people. If I am with two of my teachers, I say: "Tena korua (teachers name) & (teachers name), he aha ake?". He aha ake means what are we doing? You can say this when speaking to two people. 

Tena koutou katoa is another greeting but to three or more people. An example of this is "Tena koutou katoa, kei te pehea koe?" which translates to "Hello everyone, how are you?". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.