Thursday 25 October 2018

Kiwi Sport | Boxing

 Today we went to the hall for our first session of kiwi sport. We were doing boxing. Our coach's name was Pax.

She covered what she did, how she won a match, why she won and what she put into it to win. She won her first match by training twice everyday even though she didn't like it. The reason why she did it was so she could raise money for charity. She had a lot of confidence in herself too. Pax then told us the three commandments.

The first one was: Respect. We said, I will have respect for myself, my coach, my peers and the sport of boxing. The second commandment was: Discipline. For this one we had to say, I will have the discipline to turn up to every boxing session and give my 100%. The last commandment was: Safety. We said, I will not cause harm to others and only practise boxing in a safe environment under the guidance of a coach. We then went on to the session.

For this weeks session we were learning to types of punches which were: Jab, cross. We learnt wore the liners and the gloves after the liners. First we had to learn the starting position which was the rock. It was called the rock because a rock is hard. We had to put our right leg out, right leg back, left foot in front and both hands on our cheekbones. We practised it and then Pax asked us to stand up with our partners, my partner was Charlize. I had to test Charlize if she did the rock position correctly and lightly pushed her. She was stiff and that was good. I then lightly pushed her on the side. She moved a bit but not to much. She then did that to me. We learnt the Jab, cross after that. We started with our rock position and then learnt the jab part. Pax instructed us to put our ledt hand straight out and that was it. But we had to put our left hand back at the same speed we jabbed. We then did that a couple of times. We then went on to learning the cross part. We had to put our right hand straight out, turn our hips, right hand lifts up and then we had to turn our right toes towards the direction we went with our punch. We then mixed it up. After that we ended the session.

It was fun boxing with Pax. I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.