Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey | Week 1 | Day 1 | Activity 1

1. The maori name for New Zealand is Aotearoa which means the land of the long white cloud.

2. The most popular films in the country include ‘Once were Warriors’, ‘The Whale Rider’, ‘The Piano’ and the ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy.

3. The Auckland City Sky Tower is the tallest freestanding structure in the Southern Hemisphere at 328 meters high.

LI. To learn about three new fun facts about New Zealand. 

Today I completed the first activity for the day. It was to learn three new facts about NZ. Some of these facts I didn't know. I enjoyed this activity because it was fun and simple. I also learned new facts about NZ.

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Farzana,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey! I will be reading and commenting on all your blogs this summer and I can't wait to see the amazing work that you do.

    Thanks for these great NZ facts. I feel so proud to be a kiwi. Isn't it almost unbelievable how tall the Sky Tower is? I want to go up it one day. Have you ever gone up the Sky Tower?

    Keep up the awesome work. I will talk to you more in your next post.

    Cheers,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sophie,

    Thank you. I appreciate being apart of the Summer Learning Journey. I have gone up the Sky Tower with people in my class. It was for a school trip.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Farzana! Well done on your start for the Summer Learning Journey. It was interesting reading the three chosen fun facts about New Zealand. Which of the three surprised you the most or you didn't know? I hope you can post more on the programme, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Farzana,

    Congratulations on completing another task for week 1 day 1. Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey. I hope that you have fun during the summer holidays. Thanks for sharing your learning about your top 3 facts. They sure sound interesting.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey Farzana,
    A great start to the Summer Learning Journey Activity. I really like how you listed three fun facts about New Zealand. My favorite one was when New Zealanders have to drive on the left side of the road, but it is not listed on your post.

    How many times have you been up to the Sky Tower?

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Farzana,
    Great job on completing this activity! I find it interesting that the sky tower is the tallest freestanding building in the whole southern hemisphere. I also thought that one of our country's most famous films is the lord of the rings trilogy was interesting. Did you know that the hobbit trilogy was also filmed in New Zealand?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.