Saturday 22 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey | Living on the Edge

Dear Sakina,
I am having very fun in Tundra. I never knew that they had barely any trees in here! How do people get fresh air? I saw a couple of animals that have been migrating. I am wearing a very warm and cosy coat. If you ever go to Tundra consider wearing a coat because it is quite cold here. I just found out that the name Tundra means 'treeless mountain tracks' or 'uplands'. The view on the mountains are just amazing! Hope you can come here!

Your Sincerely
Farzana

LI. To write a letter to a friend or family member.
Today I completed the 2nd activity for the fifth day of the SLJ. For this activity we had to create a letter to a family member or a friend, I chose my amazing cousin Sakina. I told her about how the name Tundra means 'treeless mountain tracks' or 'uplands'. I enjoyed talking about these things and I hope Sakina sees this letter I made for her.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Farzana! Well done for this activity, you've done great. I think Sakina would get a great idea of how you were feeling and what it would be like if she read your letter. Who would you bring on you to your trip to Tundra? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Farzana!,
    Its great to see that you have completed this activity. Thanks for writing me a letter. I didn't know Tundra means treeless. I hope you have a good week. I will sure go to Tundra to see you. Would you go on the trip with your family?
    Great Work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Farzana,

    Congratulations for completing another task. It's great to see you completing a lot of SLJ activities during these summer holidays. I did this task too and it was very interesting. You have used strong and wonderful words to describe how your doing in the Tundra. How sweet of you that you wrote a letter and that Sakina received it and replied.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Farzana,

    That's a great letter to your friend!
    I like your descriptions and the imagery you have provided.
    Also, thanks for telling me what the meaning of tundra was, I had forgotten! I guess with it being cold and treeless it would be challenging, but the view and scenery might make it worth it!

    Is it somewhere you think you might like to go in real life?

    Keep it up Farzana!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Farzana,

    I really like your letter to your friend Sakina. I also like how you tried to describe what is at the Tundra. I also like how you told us what Tundra means to you. I like your question which was How do people get fresh air?.

    Have you been to a place similar to Tundra?

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Farzana,
    Great job on completing this activity! I liked how you mentioned migration, habitats and the temperature. I also liked how you explained the definition of a tundra. If you could live in a tundra, would you?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.